7 August 2019, by Chrissie Martin
North Oxford LTC are hosting a Tennis Leaders Course on Friday 23rd August 2019 09.30 – 2.30pm. If your son/daughter is keen to enrol on the course please contact Tom Francis at email@example.com or phone 07747 026 377.
All successful candidates will gain a recognised qualification which is part of Sports Leaders UK and will also be suitably qualified to work at future tennis camps should the Club/ Head Coach need assistance. There is also an added incentive of candidates having an opportunity to earn some money helping score mini tennis competitions at different clubs in Oxfordshire. This course compliments any young leader who is working towards their Duke of Edinburgh Award.
What is a Tennis Leader?
The Tennis Leaders Course is aimed at 13 year olds +. The content is suitable for older juniors starting out on a tennis career pathway or those who wish to support their local coach, referee or club.
A tennis leader is someone that is able to support the coach in delivering high quality coaching sessions. As a recognised Tennis Leader in Oxfordshire you will have training to help you become an effective tennis assistant and have a chance to earn some money during the school holidays and at weekend competitions.
When can you call yourself a Tennis Leader?
Candidates must complete modules 1 &3 which are compulsory (Introduction to tennis & Leading a practice session) these modules will be covered on Friday 23rd August. We encourage participants to complete all four modules as they will gain different skills and a broader range of experiences in tennis.
Core Module (Introduction to tennis) (3-4 hours)
– Knows the basics of tennis. Strokes, game formats and variations of the sport
– Understand how these variations of the game are used to introduce tennis to people of all ages and abilities
– Learn about effective communication and organisational skills
– Put your skills into practice on court – warm up activities (ABC’s) and on court drills
Leading a Practice Session
– Know the attributes and responsibilities of a practice hitter
– Understand the structure of a practice session
– Learn about different types of feeding
– Understand the five different game situations
Other modules (which are optional) include:
– Helping at an LTA competition
– Volunteering at your tennis venue
– Helping at your school
The cost of the course is £75.00.
All course resources are provided.
If you are interested and would like to sign up to this course please contact Tom via email / phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07747 026 377.
Please note places are limited.